Thursday, July 9, 2009

Welcome!

First off, let me introduce myself!

My name is Lisa, and I am a 27 year old mother of 2 young children. As many of you, I am sure, can understand, finding the time to write with two small children at home can prove difficult at best. I also have found myself recently with a serious lack of motivation, and therefore, have written nothing for many months. I am about to embark on a new journey to write at least one thing every day, and I thought that I would use this forum to do so.

I find that putting my work out there for others to see can be a very valuable tool. While I have never been very good at accepting criticism, I am learning, and the comments that you all post in response to my writings will be helpful in shaping future pieces.

That being said, those of you who feel the urge to comment on my writings here will be to say, "Hey, I helped shape that person's literary path" when I finally get published and make my millions!! (Okay, so I know that THAT may never happen; they don't use the term "starving artist" for nothing).

But anyway, you may feel free to comment on any piece you find here. If it is great, let me know. If it is utter vitriol spewed from my pen, let me know. I really do want to know what you think about my writing, and will find the information useful.

Also, if you think you have some pretty good stuff, feel free to drop me a line and ask me to check it out. I am also very open to writing prompt sites, and the like. If you my faithful readers ask for it, I will put writing prompts up on this site as well.

If you have something that you think you can stump me with, post a couple lines, a subject matter, an idea, and I will see what I can create with it!

With that said, I will close for now, but look for more to come at least every other day to start with, and hopefully ultimately daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment